Tuesday, January 20, 2015

MLK weekend of 3 days = beer and cooking

I had a productive three-day weekend. Oh, that 4" stack of grading, lesson plans, and laundry...getting there. Two meals cooked and some good craft beer, check. Husband and I have a hobby, craft beer. We live in San Diego, not hard. We spent our ten year anniversary in Portland enjoying excellent beer, it's our fun. We had bottles to pick up at Alpine and lunch at Stone, Liberty Gardens. Beside the beer, this weekend I made two recipes, Spaghetti and Meatballs and Slow Cooker Jambalaya. The spaghetti and meatballs really needs a weekend to do, not hard, just time. I use ground turkey instead of ground beef. I love I don't have to fry or bake the meatballs, much easier. Slow cooker jambalaya, I recommend cutting up all the meat and veggies beforehand, so on the morning of, you can just put it all in the crockpot. I doubled both, one for this week, one for next month. Here is my lunch for tomorrow, jambalaya, we had the spaghetti for dinner last night (or for a lack of picture).







No comments:

Post a Comment