Saturday, January 31, 2015

Two crockpot dinners this week

Husband started back is his part-time teaching gig, so Monday night the kids had chicken nuggets. Tuesday, we have no after school activities, so I can make something a little more complicated. Albertson's had seasoned pork chops on sale last weekend, buy one package, get two free - cool! So we had those (just roasted them in the oven for about 45 minutes), green beans, and macaroni and cheese. Took less than 15 minutes of me standing in the kitchen and about 50 minutes start to finish.

Wednesday is ballet night, so we get home, but then the girl is quickly whisked off to dance class. I made chicken tortilla soup. One of my favorites. I would recommend cooking the chicken and cutting it up ahead of time, I did this over the weekend, as well as the cut up the onions. I made a double batch so now I have another meal in my freezer.


Thursday night is Irish dance, so I made crockpot chili and only now did I realize I did not take a picture of it. Guess that lends to the fact that I had to much going on. This chili does have beans, which I know some are opposed to, but not me, chili isn't chili unless it has beans. Again, I cooked the meat and onions as well as cut up all the veggies on the weekend. Makes it much easier in the morning rush.

Since tomorrow is a new month, this weekend is my menu planning weekend. Next, after I get my coffee, I plan to put together my entire menu for the month, keeping in mind the meals I already have in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment